Americorps Vista- Data and Evaluation
WellShare International envisions a world where your zip code, your skin color, and your birthplace do not determine your access to quality healthcare, and where all people can achieve optimal health and wellness. Join a dynamic team building a new way of community health programming and equity promotion addressing the impact of systemic racism in people’s ability to live healthy lives.
We are a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a forty-year history of partnering with communities, health care systems, government, and social service providers to promote health equity and wellbeing. Using a community health worker (CHW) model, we work with immigrant communities across Minnesota and with rural communities in Africa. Our programs serve people across the lifespan – including pregnant women, infants, children, youth, adults, and the elderly.
Goal of this VISTA Project: To increase the ability of refugees and other immigrants, some of our most marginalized community members, to overcome barriers to healthy living. The VISTA will lead a participatory approach to the creation of new cross-cutting systems and tools to increase WellShare’s organizational capacity in program monitoring and evaluation, community partnership development and service outreach.
- Implement strategies that increase program efficiency and allow WellShare to attain higher program reach and impact per unit of funding.
- Further develop WellShare’s tools for financial and cost efficiency analysis including forecasting and modeling.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify successful program activities as well as gaps in programmatic efforts and create reports to share results with WellShare program staff. Create, expand and refine data collection tools and processes.
- Provide consultative expertise in data reporting, collection, selection and analysis. VISTA will maintain and improve the WellShare data dashboard (DASH) for tracking the reach and impact of WellShare programs.
- Create training documents and deliver training sessions to staff on use of data collection tools.
- Develop strategies and partnerships (e.g. with local clinics, schools, etc.) that lead to growth in WellShare’s referral volumes and a sustained increase in its client base, allowing for organizational reach and impact expansion.
- Increase the number of refugees and other immigrants WellShare reaches and assist them to overcome barriers to healthy living. The VISTA will create resources and strategies to reach the people we serve with health education and services, increasing the organization’s efficacy in meeting the needs of our beneficiaries through a holistic approach.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com, with Americorps Vista in the subject line.
This job description does not necessarily list all the functions or accountabilities of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform additional duties and tasks outside the scope of this job description or position in order to best serve WellShare’s operational needs. Management reserves the right to revise and update job descriptions at any time.