|Title:||Finance Controller and Administrator|
|Employment Status||.75 FTE or Full-time|
|Reports To||Executive Director|
|Salary||WellShare International offers competitive pay with a generous benefit package (4 weeks of paid PTO, 401K option and match, health, vision, dental insurance)|
|Supervises||Office Manager-Bookkeeper, Interns|
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: WellShare International is a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, MN that reduces health disparities through innovative, sustainable community health programs in Minnesota with refugees and immigrants and in East Africa. We partner with community-based organizations, government, foundations and numerous individuals who support our work on a volunteer basis.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Finance Controller and Administrator provides daily oversight of WellShare’s financial and administrative systems and procedures. This include responsibility for overall efficacy in organizational operations, accounting, analyzing and reporting financial data, payroll, managing employee benefits, human resource record keeping, vendors, and third party administrators.
- Oversee daily management of financial systems and procedures, including verifying purchase requests for accuracy, maintaining complete supporting documentation for all financial transactions, and ensuring financial files are stored in an organized manner
- Perform on-going accounting administration including recording accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, cash receipts, and all other general ledger entries
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statement reports to board, finance committee and others as needed.
- Maintain accounting system (system backups, software updates, etc.)
- Distribute and track petty cash and cash-equivalents (gift cards, etc.)
- Process payroll
- Allocate payroll, benefits, and other cash disbursements among program cost centers
- Assist the staff with the creation and review of program budgets (as needed)
- Report organizational and program-specific financial data and budgets to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with program staff on managing the financial life cycle of all grants and contracts including budget development, proper accounting treatment, reporting and closeout.
- Ensure financial compliance with public and private donor agency requirements
- Support management in understanding relationships between financial data, processes, and programmatic outcomes
- Manage banking relations and monitor bank transactions, transfer funds between accounts, draft bank deposits, and reconcile bank accounts
- Lead development of annual organizational budget providing budget assumptions, guidelines and tools for all staff who contribute to the process
- Monitor cash flow and forecast
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and credit card transaction reconciliations
- Assist with year-end financial audit preparation and serve as primary contact for audit activities
- Distribute W2’s and 1099’s
- Advise finance staff who work in East Africa
- Prepare agendas and participate in quarterly Board Finance Committee meetings
- Maintain employee personnel records including benefit changes, payroll information, timesheets, leave requests, and other employee-related material
- Assist Executive Director in maintaining personnel policies and benefits that are equitable, fair, and serve the interest of the organization and the employee
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage for all aspects of the organization
- Serve as primary benefits contact for employees, benefits vendors, and third party administrators
- Overseeing office staff and volunteers that carry out general front-desk tasks such as answering the phone, ordering office materials, processing invoices, bookkeeping, etc.
- Coordinate new staff on-boarding (setting up email accounts, log-ins, paperwork, keys etc.)
- Attend quarterly building management meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred)
- Five or more years of accounting experience, preferably working in a nonprofit setting
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and experience with Sage accounting software preferred.
- Familiarity with payroll systems (experience with ADPTS preferred) and preparing 1099s
- Excellent and effective interpersonal communication skills, written and oral, in English
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, meeting high professional standards
- Well-organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet various goals and deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
WellShare International 122 West Franklin Ave #510 Minneapolis MN 55404