|Title||Director of Strategic Initiatives|
Benefits (3 weeks paid PTO, 401K option and match, health, vision, dental insurance), $68,000 – $85,000
|Reports to||Executive Director|
|Supervises||1-3 Program Managers/Coordinators|
The Director of Strategic Initiatives will be a leader in developing and implementing new initiatives in a growing organization, navigating dynamic changes in the health sector and socio-political landscape. The ideal candidate will be driven by a passion for health equity and have demonstrated success in effecting systems change in situations that require understanding and engagement of people in multi-sectoral and multi-cultural settings. Effective process management and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders is key to success.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in public health, business, or non-profit leadership; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in complex strategy and program development and execution.
- Experience in the mental health services sector and/or health plan claims driven business models preferred.
- Strong communicator for effective internal and external partnering with corporate, government and community based organizations.
- High-energy, self-motivated collaborative team player.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work effectively with people of differing backgrounds and education.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to inform decisions and engage buy-in.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and experience with data collection and analysis.
1. Strategic and Operational Leadership of Program Development
- Conduct research and analysis of emerging systems change opportunities and operational best-practices to achieve desired quality of community-based health services and organizational financial outcomes.
- Effectively communicate strategic vision and goals to gain buy-in and action necessary for change.
- Facilitate collaborative processes with internal and external stakeholders to create strategies and operational practices to effect systems change necessary for financially sustainable health equity.
- Manage people and process to meet internal and donor-required deliverables in strategy and program development and pilot program implementation.
- Create, test and monitor diverse service financial models.
- Work with peer Program Directors to mainstream programs developed.
2. Relationship Cultivation
- Represent WellShare, effectively conveying our vision and values in our drive to achieve health equity through innovative, people-centered systemic change initiatives.
- Strengthen current and form new relationships with both the communities we serve and funders, to grow investment in Wellshare initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal peers in ongoing fundraising efforts, including development of key messages and media relations to increase public awareness.
- Supervise, coach and mentor others in strategy and new program development.
- Facilitate and track key initiatives by monitoring progress towards achieving goals, ensuring follow-through on the part of relevant players and sustaining momentum needed to drive these initiatives.
3. Fund Acquisition
- Work with the Executive Director to create a pipeline of financial support for strategic priorities.
- Lead and at times support peer Program Directors in identification of funding opportunities, cultivate donor relations and apply for grants and services contracts to expand existing programs.
- Draft narrative and financial grant and service contract proposals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Balance in the drive for program and financial results, with wholehearted being.
- Effective leadership and strategic management skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work independently
- High energy, self-motivated, collaborative team player
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to improve outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including public speaking.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods with efficient computer keyboarding
- Ability to visually review detailed information; hear and speak by telephone and online meeting platforms
- Current valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle as required by State
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (no phone calls)