Director of Programs
WellShare envisions a world where your zip code, your skin color, and your birthplace do not determine your access to quality healthcare, and where all people can achieve optimal health and wellness.
WellShare International is a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a forty-year history of partnering with communities, health care systems, government and social service providers to promote health equity and wellbeing. Using a community health worker model, we partner with immigrant communities in Minnesota and with rural communities in Africa. Our programs serve people across the lifespan – including pregnant women, infants, children, youth, adults, and the elderly.
Support the WellShare mission as the Director of Programs who is responsible for a full range of management tasks in a rapidly evolving environment, working closely with many internal and external partners. Develop your team’s abilities in program implementation, data and evaluation, and day-to day operation management. Effective relationship management is key to success in meeting internal and external partner needs in MN and Africa.
For detailed information regarding this leadership opportunity, visit our Careers page at https://wellshareinternational.org/careers/
|Title||Director of Programs|
$77,000-95,000 Generous benefits package (3 weeks paid PTO, 401K option and match, health, vision, dental insurance)
|Reports to||Executive Director|
|Team||Team of 20+ Program Managers, Coordinators, and Community Health Workers|
Join a dynamic team building a new way of community health programming and social change work to address the impact of systemic racism on people’s ability to live healthy lives. Lead WellShare International’s programs team in a rapidly evolving environment, working closely with many internal and external partners. Effective relationship management is key to success in meeting client and community needs.
WellShare International is a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a forty-year history of partnering with communities, health care systems, government, and social service providers to promote health equity and wellbeing. Using a community health worker model, we work with immigrant communities in Minnesota and with rural communities in Africa.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Programs is a senior management position responsible for the operational success of WellShare’s community-based programming ensuring effective program strategies, team development, quality program delivery, and evaluation. The Director of Programs will manage a growing staff of 15-20 direct and indirect reports and will be the key external face of our programs serving people across the lifespan – including pregnant women, infants, children, youth, adults, and the elderly.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field, or equivalent education and work experience
- Lived experience working with and living in diverse cultural communities
- Familiarity with clinical service provision, healthplan contracting and/or community based public health programs
- Demonstrated success in program strategy, administration, evaluation and for excellence
- Effectively lead a diverse team, supporting administrative and human resources capacities for success
- 10 years minimum public health program management experience in a non-profit or government setting
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- International experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical billing and revenue cycle management a plus
- Senior Program Management
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of a range of community health programs in collaboration with other WellShare staff, community constituents, donors, and implementing partners.
- Oversee financial management of programs and diverse revenue streams including:
- developing and monitoring spending of program budgets
- ensuring cost-efficacy and contractual requirements are met
- invoicing and reporting, including claims billing and revenue cycle management.
- Oversee and at times directly administer programs, including:
- maintaining accurate and organized program records
- implementing and overseeing business relationship tools (e.g. MOUs, contracts, scopes of work)
- ensuring team members have the tools, knowledge, and supplies necessary to safely achieve their programmatic responsibilities.
- Lead new program service strategy and organizational capability development.
- Lead program fundraising strategies cultivating donor relationships and writing grant proposals.
- Serve on the Management Team to support the achievement of our mission and ongoing organizational culture transformation.
- Play a leadership role on the WellShare Board of Directors Program Committee.
- Ensure the efficacy of operational systems and tools in partnership with other staff
- People and Talent Management
- Hire, supervise, and support diverse program staff, consultants, and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a positive, healthy, and safe work environment for all team members.
- Regularly assess and determine staff and volunteer needs for program excellence in a rapidly changing environment.
- Evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of the team providing ongoing feedback and performance management support.
- Lead team and individual capacity building and career advancement investments.
- Delegate leadership of program activities, professional development and education events of CHW’s or PC’s as applicable.
- Partner with Human Resources Manager to arrange interviews and complete offer letters with ED approval.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
- Community Engagement and Communication
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with partner agencies, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders working toward shared program goals.
- Ensure program responsiveness to community needs and strengths.
- Be a WellShare ambassador via social and mass media, as well as in-person events.
- Provide a voice of leadership and example setting on the WellShare communication and fundraising
- Participate in overall agency strategic and operational planning, budgeting and other projects, as requested by the Executive Director.
- Stay current with the literature on health disparities, refugee and immigrant communities and health in Minnesota, the CHW field by participating in relevant working groups and agencies.
- Maintain certifications and licensures appropriate to the position.
- Manage miscellaneous projects and complete various other duties and activities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent in English.
- Effective leadership and strategic management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship skills for effective collaboration with a diverse group of agencies and people inside and outside of the organization
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work independently
- Sit at a desk for extended periods with efficient computer keyboarding
- Ability to visually review detailed information; hear and speak by telephone and online meeting platforms
- Current valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle as required by State law
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (no phone calls)