Director of Finance and Operations
|Title||Director of Finance and Operations|
|Classification & Compensation||Full -Time
$80,000 – $100,000 Generous benefit package (3 weeks paid PTO, 401K option and match, health, vision, dental insurance)
|Reports to||Chief of Operations and Strategy|
|Supervises||P-T staff and interns|
Join a dynamic team building a new way of community health programming and social change to address the impact of systemic racism in people’s ability to live healthy lives. Support the WellShare mission through completion of a full range of financial management tasks in a rapidly evolving environment. The Director of Finance and Operations plays a lead role in overall organizational financial efficiency including accounting, payroll, budgeting, analyzing and reporting financial data to senior management and the Board of Directors. Working with many internal and external partners, this position is responsible for financial management across a variety of revenue streams from contracts and grants, to medical claims. Requires advanced skill in financial analysis and business strategy development. Effective relationship management is key to success in meeting internal and external partner needs in MN and Africa.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience (CPA preferred)
- 5+ years of nonprofit accounting experience, including several years in a leadership role.
- Experience with grant management and grant reimbursement
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting software (SAGE) and Excel
- Familiarity with payroll systems (experience with TriNet preferred) and human resources related laws, regulations and practices
- Excellent and effective interpersonal communication skills, written and oral, in English
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, meeting high professional standards
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet various goals and deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, and creativity in response to changing situations and needs
- Knowledge of medical-claims billing a plus
- Manage-conduct all day-to-day accounting and financial operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting and Revenue
- Manage the finance-related HR functions including payroll processing, timesheet analysis, and employee benefit programs, distribution of W2’s and 990’s.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and credit card transaction reconciliations
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Lead month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions, documentation and financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead year-end financial audit preparation and serve as primary contact for domestic and international audits
Budgeting and Financial Analysis:
- Lead annual organizational budget development and mid-year forecasts providing guidelines and tools for all contributing staff
- Collaborate with program and fundraising staff to develop program and annual department budgets
- Partner with program budget holders to monitor and effectively manage grants and contracts spending
- Monitor and manage cash flow as needed
- Analyze and execute strategy for greatest ROI in managing reserve funds
- Lead organizational financial strategy development and adjustments as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date financial policy and procedures and training tools to ensure internal controls and staff success in financial management
- Collaborate with HR staff in maintain such tools as the employee handbook, annual reviews, etc.
- Monitor changes in legal, regulatory, and administrative environments and implement changes needed to maintain compliance while maximizing operational and financial results.
- Negotiate service contracts and manage relations with financial service vendors (Sage, RAMP, TriNet, bank, etc).
- Complete domestic and international organizational registrations
- Work collaboratively with the WellShare Board of Directors Finance Committee
- Coach and support program leadership development of financial management skills
- Other operational duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of claims-based billing practices and financial models a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to effectively develop relationships, interact, and collaborate professionally and positively, with a diverse group of individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work independently
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods with efficient computer keyboarding
- Visually review detailed reports and information; hear and speak by telephone and online meeting platforms
- Current valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle as required by State law
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls)