|Title||Director of Community Health Worker Hub– Mankato Area|
|Classification||Full -Time (.80-1.0 FTE)
Benefits (3 weeks paid PTO, 401K option and match, health, vision, dental insurance), $55,000 – $70,000
|Reports to||Executive Director|
|Supervises||2 Program Coordinators and/or Community Health Workers, working to expand team|
Join a dynamic team building a new way of community health programming and social change work to address the impact of systemic racism in people’s ability to live healthy lives. Lead the establishment of WellShare’s Mankato community health worker HUB in a rapidly evolving environment, working closely with many internal and external partners. Effective relationship management is key to success in meeting client and community needs.
WellShare International is a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis with a forty-year history of partnering with communities, health care systems, government and social service providers to promote health equity and wellbeing. Using a community health worker model, we work with immigrant communities in Minnesota and with rural communities in Africa. Our programs serve people across the lifespan – including pregnant women, infants, children, youth, adults, and the elderly.
This position will be based in the Mankato area.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related field
- Experience working with African, LatinX, and other cultures
- Familiarity with clinical service provision and public health programming to reach underserved populations
- Demonstrated success in managing start-up initiatives with ongoing quality improvement practices
- A minimum of five years in non-profit or health sector leadership with increasing administrative, fiscal and supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
1. Operational and Financial Management
- Lead ongoing development and improvement of a new community-based community health worker HUB model in collaboration with many internal and external partners.
- Develop budgets and detailed financial management tools to assess operational cost efficacy.
- Administer programs, including accurate and organized program records; business relationship tools (e.g. MOUs, contracts, scopes of work, etc.) and ensuring team members have the tools and supplies for success.
- Develop, support and administer program monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection, analysis and reporting across multiple partners and systems.
- Contribute to and implement program development and financial growth strategies.
- Serve on WellShare management team helping lead ongoing organizational development.
2. People and Talent Management
- Lead CHW workforce development strategy in Mankato area and other neighboring communities.
- Hire, supervise and support diverse program staff, consultants, and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment for all team members.
- Regularly assess and determine staff and volunteer needs for effective program delivery in a changing program environment.
3. Community Engagement and Education
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen strong working relationships with partner agencies, community leaders and other relevant stakeholders working toward shared program goals.
- Lead the creation of community-specific health education materials and curricula working closely with relevant diverse teams and partners.
- Ensure program responsiveness to community needs and strengths.
- Develop and implement a marketing and public awareness communication strategy.
- Represent WellShare in inter-agency collaborative working groups and with donors, providing leadership for collective action and systems change.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director and program staff providing program updates and to ensure responsiveness to staff needs and opportunities.
- Use strong written and verbal communication to diverse audiences to communicate value propositions, expectations, strategy and result updates for effective stakeholder engagement and change management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Effective leadership and strategic management skills
- Knowledge of claims-based billing practices and financial models a plus.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Somali or Spanish an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to effectively develop relationships, interact, and collaborate professionally and positively, with a diverse group of individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work independently
- Sit at a desk for extended periods with efficient computer keyboarding
- Visually review detailed reports and information; hear and speak by telephone and online meeting platforms
- Current valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle as required by State law
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls)