COVID-19 Response Program Director
Title COVID-19 Response Program Director
Classification Full -Time (.80 – 1.0 FTE)
Benefits, salary commensurate with experience
Reports to Executive Director
Supervises Team of 6-8 Program Coordinators and Community Health Workers
Join a dynamic team building a new way of community health programming and social change work to address the impact of systemic racism in people’s ability to live healthy lives. Lead WellShare’s COVID-19 response programs in a rapidly evolving environment, working closely with many internal and external partners. Effective relationship management is key to success in meeting client and community COVID related needs.
WellShare International is a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a forty-year history of partnering with communities, health care systems, government and social service providers to promote health equity and wellbeing. Using a community health worker model, we work with immigrant communities in Minnesota and with rural communities in East Africa. Our programs serve people across the lifespan – including pregnant women, infants, children, youth, adults, and the elderly.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent education and work experience
- Understanding of East African immigrant culture and the ability to serve as a intermediary between the community and the Minnesota Department of Health
- Somali written and verbal fluency
- A minimum of five years work experience in positions related to public health programming
- Familiarity with clinical service provision and/or public health issues related to working with underserved populations
- A demonstrated track record of increasing administrative, program planning, and supervisory responsibility
- A minimum of two years experience of leadership experience in a nonprofit setting; (ideally 5+ yrs.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
1. Program Management
a) Design, implement, monitor and evaluate COVID-19 response programs in collaboration with other WellShare team members, community constituents, donors and implementing partners.
b) Develop, monitor, and manage program budgets; ensuring effective use of program funds and timely accurate financial and narrative reporting.
c) Administer programs, including accurate and organized program records; business relationship tools (e.g. MOUs, contracts, scopes of work, etc.) and ensuring team members have the tools and supplies necessary to safely achieve their programmatic responsibilities.
d) Contribute to developing and writing grant proposals for program sustainability.
e) Serve on the Management Team to support the organizational mission and provide input on policy and programming that affect the entire agency.
2. People and Talent Management
a) Hire, supervise and support diverse program staff, consultants, and volunteers.
b) Develop and maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment for all team members.
c) Regularly assess and determine staff and volunteer needs for effective program delivery in a changing program environment.
3. Community Engagement and Education
a) Establish, maintain, and strengthen strong working relationships with partner agencies, community leaders and other relevant stakeholders working toward shared program goals.
b) Lead the creation of community-specific health education materials and curricula working closely with relevant diverse teams and partners.
c) Ensure program responsiveness to community needs and strengths.
a) Represent WellShare International in inter-agency collaborative working groups and with donors, providing leadership for collective action efforts as possible.
b) Meet regularly with the Executive Director and program staff providing program updates and to ensure responsiveness to staff needs and opportunities.
c) Utilize strong written and verbal communication to diverse audiences to communicate expectations, anticipated changes, programmatic updates, and other realities in a respectful and timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
● Effective leadership and strategic management skills
● Fluent in Somali
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills to effectively develop relationships, interact, and collaborate professionally and positively, with a diverse group of individuals inside and outside of the organization
● Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
● Self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work independently
● Sit at a desk for extended periods with efficient computer keyboarding
● Visually review detailed reports and information; hear and speak by telephone and online meeting platforms
● Current valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle as required by State law
POSITION OPEN UNTIL September 30
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (no phone calls)