Position: Community Health Worker
Employment Status: Part-Time
Reports to: Program Manager
Supervises: Not applicable
Location: WellShare Headquarters, Minneapolis, MN
Position Description (Summary)
The Community Health Worker (CHW) will work as a part of a team to educate community members via home visitation about how to best use the health system and access health services. Hours are flexible, and evening and weekend hours are available. The position will require travel around the Twin Cities
We are currently seeking a Spanish-speaking community health worker.
Positions will be based out of the WellShare headquarter office in Minneapolis, but will require substantial work time and travel in other locations around the Twin Cities. Positions are grant funded and include benefits including mileage reimbursement.
- Program implementation:
- Conduct one-on-one outreach with individuals and families to educate them about healthcare navigation.
- Provide referrals for health-related concerns.
- Assist clients in connecting with community services and other supports.
- Provide clear and appropriate oral communication to clients.
- Present health information to community members.
- Maintain accurate and organized program records, adhering to required reporting guidelines.
- Work cooperatively with team members
- Ensure feedback on client/community needs communicated to appropriate channels.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- PREFERRED: Community Health Worker certificate (or near completion)
- REQUIRED: Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Spanish
- Experience in public health, social work, or related fields
- Minimum 1 year of experience working or volunteering in community settings
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and partners to plan and implement program activities
- Self-starter with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to use computers and related software including word processing, spreadsheets, basic database management, presentation software, and internet-based tools
Must be able to:
- Use the telephone and communicate with people both in and out of the office environment.
- Sit at a desk for extended periods and travel to multiple locations within a day.
- Apply manual dexterity for computer keyboarding and office equipment use.
- Possess visual acuity to review detailed reports and information.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Please send a cover letter and resume to WellShare International, via email firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Community Health Worker” in the subject line).
Position available immediately. Position open until filled. Applications reviewed upon receipt.