Title: Business Manager
Classification: Part Time (.6-.75 FTE), $30,000 – $45,000, no benefits
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: 1-2 assistants and interns, possibly Accountant
Join a dynamic team building a new way of community health programming and social change work to address the impact of systemic racism in people’s ability to live healthy lives. Lead WellShare International to excellence in overall efficiency and effectiveness in organization administration. Effective relationships with many internal and external partners is key to success.
WellShare International is a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a forty-year history of partnering with communities, health care systems, government and social service providers to promote health equity and wellbeing. Using a community health worker model, we work with immigrant communities in Minnesota and with rural communities in Africa. Our programs serve people across the lifespan – including pregnant women, infants, children, youth, adults, and the elderly.
● Bachelor’s Degree in management, human resources or a related field, or equivalent education and experience
● Demonstrated success in increasing management responsibility
● 4-6 years minimum experience, preferably in a non-profit or government setting
● Proven success meeting local, state and federal agency operational regulations
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● International experience preferred
● Familiarity with health service environments a plus
1. Administrative Management
a) Lead development and implementation of organization policies, procedures and practices related to information technology, human resources and physical space.
b) Manage office/physical/digital assets, record retention management, office lease, office supplies & equipment, etc.
c) Manage business insurance, license registrations, and vendor bid and contracts.
d) Manage information technology inventory and systems, including external IT and telecom service providers.
2. People and Talent Management
a) Work with Management Team to hire, supervise and support diverse staff, consultants, and volunteers.
b) Develop and maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment for all team members.
c) Partner with program management team to assess and meet staff and volunteer needs for program excellence in a rapidly changing environment.
d) Serve as HR and Benefits lead providing some direct employee support, collaborate with supervisors on HR practices and maintain all employee records in a confidential manner.
e) Collaborate with Finance/Payroll staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all aspects of staff compensation and benefit provision.
f) Manage annual benefits selection process as well as vetting of external HR service provider contractor.
a) Budget preparation
b) Serve on the Management Team to support achievement of our mission and administrative excellence.
c) Support Board of Director communication and functioning.
d) Be a champion and advocate for WellShare International and our mission.
e) Potential oversight of accounting.
f) Special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
● Effective leadership and strategic management skills
● Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship skills for effective collaboration with a diverse group of agencies and people inside and outside of the organization
● Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
● Self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work independently
● Sit at a desk for extended periods with efficient computer keyboarding
● Ability to visually review detailed information; hear and speak by telephone and online meeting platforms
● Current valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle as required by State law
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (no phone calls)