With 40 years of experience, WellShare envisions communities with equitable health care and resources where all individuals live healthy and fulfilling lives. We partner with Hispanic, Somali, Karen and Hmong communities to eliminate health and related socio-economic disparities among individuals who have recently made Minnesota their home. Our Community Health Workers provide culturally tailored health education, direct care and other resources on such topics as diabetes, nutrition, reproductive health, and tobacco use.
Administration and Development Intern
In this role, you will provide valuable and critical support to the organization’s Development and Communications department, and will execute tasks individually and as part of a team. Position is based in our Minneapolis office.
- Assist in the creation of communications, grant applications, and fundraising materials
- Assist in soliciting sponsorships for upcoming fundraising event
- Assist in the creation of content for our newsletter, blog and social media channels
- Assist in writing and editing materials for donor recognition and donor retention
- Assist with organization and management of fundraising events
- To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested
- To help accurately maintain the organization’s database (Salesforce) of members and supporters
- General office and administration support
- Assisting the Executive Director
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and verbally)
- Administrative and computer proficiency including Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Flexible and adaptable
Internship candidates will be trained in a range of aspects of development, events, fundraising, and communications. Interns will gain direct hands-on experience in these areas while developing an understanding of the marketing and development functions that support a non-profit organization. Along with the opportunity to develop marketing, fundraising, and communication skills, interns assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of partnering with diverse communities to promote health and well-being.
The intern will have opportunities to be trained in the following:
- Social media analytics
References may be supplied on the completion of a successful internship period.
Compensation, Dates and Time Commitment
The intern will receive a stipend of $750 at the end of the internship. This position requires a weekly commitment of 15-20 hours and will last for a minimum of 3 months, with the option to extend if mutually agreed upon. Hours are flexible, and will be designated in coordination with the internship supervisor.
If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, WellShare will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible.
In order to apply for this position, please send a short Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administration and Development Intern” in the subject line.