In this role, you will provide valuable and critical support to the organization’s Development and Communications department and support the Executive Director with general administrative tasks. The intern will execute tasks individually and as part of a team. Position is based in our Minneapolis office.
- Assist in the creation of communications and fundraising materials
- Assist in the creation of content for our newsletter, blog and social media channels
- Assist in writing and editing materials for donor recognition and donor retention
- Assist with organization and management of fundraising events
- To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested
- To help accurately maintain the organization’s database (Salesforce) of members and supporters
- General office and administration support
- Assisting the Executive Director
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and verbally)
- Administrative and computer proficiency including Excel and Word
- Experience with MailChimp, WordPress and Salesforce beneficial but not critical
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Flexible and adaptable
Internship candidates will be trained in several aspects of development, events, fundraising and communications. Interns will gain direct “hands-on” experience in these areas while developing an understanding of the marketing and development functions that support a non-profit organization. Along with the opportunity to develop marketing, fundraising, and communication skills, interns assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of partnering with diverse communities to promote health and well-being.
References may be supplied on the completion of a successful internship period.
Compensation, Dates and Time Commitment
The intern will receive a stipend of $750 at the end of the internship. This position requires a weekly commitment of 15-20 hours. Timeframe: 3 months (Beginning of June – End of August.) Hours are flexible, and will be designated in coordination with the internship supervisor.
In order to apply for this position, please send a short Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administration and Development Intern” in the subject line.