|Position Title:||Community Health Worker|
|Employment Status:||Full-time and part-time positions available|
WellShare International, a non-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is committed to advancing sustainable community health around the world. The organization works on community-based public health programs with refugees and immigrants in Minnesota and with communities in East Africa. Core competencies include: community health education and training, mobilizing communities for health, developing partnerships, research and evaluation, and employing the Community Health Worker model.
Position Description (Summary)
The Community Health Worker will educate community members via home visitation about how to best use the health system and access health services. Evening and weekend hours are available. The position will require travel around the Twin Cities.
- Conduct one-on-one outreach with families about the healthcare system including the importance of having a primary care provider and utilization of the emergency room, urgent care, and clinics.
- Provide incentives, other health information, and/or referrals.
- Data collection:
- Collect and input relevant outreach data into central database.
- Assist with the development of educational materials.
- Present health information to audiences.
- Ensure feedback on community needs communicated to appropriate channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PREFERRED: Community Health Worker certificate (or near completion)
- REQUIRED: Excellent oral communications skills in Spanish or Somali
- REQUIRED: Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Experience in public health, social work, or related fields
- Minimum 1 year of experience working or volunteering in community settings
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and partners to plan and implement program activities
- Self-starter with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to use computers and related software including word processing, spreadsheets, basic database management, presentation software, and internet-based tools
Must be able to:
- Use the telephone and communicate with people both in and out of the office environment
- Apply manual dexterity for computer keyboarding and office equipment use
- Possess visual acuity to review detailed reports and information
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please send a cover letter and resume to WellShare International, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “CHW – Health Systems” in the subject line.
Position open until filled.